Sorry, this job has expired.
CECO Environmental is now hiring a Skilled Machinist.
As a Skilled Machinist you are responsible for the set-up and proper operation of manual and CNC mills and lathes and turning centers used in the production of centrifugal pump parts.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Technical or Trade College Certification.
• 3-5 years of machining experience.
• Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
• Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
• Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
• Operate industrial machining equipment, manual and/or CNC lathes and mills.
• Perform equipment cleaning and preventative maintenance.
• Read and understand engineering prints including Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
• Set up and operate machines to produce quality parts and/or tools and meet production deadlines.
• Maintain quality and safety standards, keep records, and maintain equipment/supplies.
• Watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
• Ability to use, read and interpret micrometers, calipers, and precision instruments.
• Ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
• Ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
• Ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
• Ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
• Ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting, standing, or lying down. It does not involve performing the activities while the whole body is in motion.
• Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
• Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting up to 50 lbs, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
• Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
CECO Environmental (NASDAQ: CECE) is a global diversified and energy technology company. Our commitment to deliver confidence to our customers is at our core. With decades of experience and deep understanding of engineering and complex specifications, CECO is the ideal partner for innovative problem solving for the challenges of environmental air pollution control, energy, and fluid handling and filtration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.