CECO Environmental is now hiring a Quality Engineer.
As the Quality Engineer you will focus on continuous improvement, implement lean principles, and ensure a company-wide commitment to quality.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering required. Degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred.
• 7+ years of experience as a Quality Engineering in low volume high mix in industrial equipment manufacturers.
• Experience with ISO 9001 required.
• Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing experience required.
• Experience with 8Ds, corrective action, and preventive action programs preferred.
• Pump, Foundry or rotating equipment industry-specific experience preferred.
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite required.
• Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of Quality Assurance.
• Knowledge of manufacturing production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials, and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• ASQ Certification (Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate) preferred.
• Must have strong concentrated mental and/or visual attention. This work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications; or a high degree of hand and eye coordination for sustained periods.
• Work directly with Operations, Engineering, Customer Service, Purchasing and Sales team to develop and validate processes designed to exceed customer requirements and on time delivery.
• Lead continual improvement projects to achieve quality objectives and metrics targets.
• Assist the Quality Manager in the development, implementation, communication, and maintenance of the quality program to make the Company’s Quality Management System and Policies (ISO 9001) complaint.
• Work with Production, Engineering, Purchasing, Customer Service, and Sales teams to ensure systems are implemented, maintained and effective.
• Work with Purchasing and the supply chain to establish, implement, and audit quality requirements for external suppliers.
• Manage and maintain quality inspection and product release programs.
• Support Quality inspection and testing of cast, stamped, machined, injection molded components and final assemblies for conformance to design and configuration requirements.
• Work with and support the Quality Manager in the development of QA compliance objectives and ensure that targets are achieved.
• Assess the product specifications of the company and its suppliers and compare with customer requirements.
• Write quality procedures and provide training to the organization on the use of the quality procedures.
• Liaison with our customers’ quality team and internal and external auditors.
• Ensure the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers’ specifications.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications including ISO/ASME and GD&T.
CECO Environmental (NASDAQ: CECE) is a global diversified and energy technology company. Our commitment to deliver confidence to our customers is at our core. With decades of experience and deep understanding of engineering and complex specifications, CECO is the ideal partner for innovative problem solving for the challenges of environmental air pollution control, energy, and fluid handling and filtration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.