Sorry, this job has expired.
CECO Environmental is now hiring a Manufacturing Engineer.
As the Manufacturing Engineer you will:
• Evaluate manufacturing processes.
• Apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
• Confer with equipment vendors.
• Solicit observations from operators to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical degree required.
• Related industry experience preferred.
• Experience with MRP systems required.
• Knowledge of manufacturing production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Must have strong concentrated mental and/or visual attention. This work involves performing complex tasks to very close accuracy and quality specifications; or a high degree of hand and eye coordination for sustained periods.
• Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
• Improve manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
• Assure process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
• Create and maintain accurate and timely engineering/process documentation such as BOMs, process documentation and plant layouts in support of existing and new model product manufacture.
• Manage facilities and other maintenance activities.
• Conceptualize, develop, and lead lean manufacturing processes for new and existing business.
• Develop projects for inclusion in capital budgets and manage those projects to target date completion and utilize Project Management for implementation of improvements.
• Provide accurate process cost estimating/capacity planning.
• Provide support to operations, which consists of continuous improvement projects, productivity and quality improvement, scrap and waste reduction and process troubleshooting. Optimize existing tool design/CAD Drawings/CNC Programs.
• Make Material and Process Flow Improvement recommendations to support AOP process.
• Introduce advanced technologies into production methods and equipment.
• Evaluate design proposals from within and outside the engineering group for manufacturing feasibility, functionality and applicability.
• Collaborate on new product introduction and product changes.
• Responsible for the implementation of all new products into manufacturing for equipment sourcing and installation.
• Evaluate new technologies for application in existing and future equipment product designs and prepare capital appropriation requests for associated projects.
• Utilize statistical process control methods, OEE, MTBF, lean tools, six sigma, and other methods to improve production methods.
• Design, development, and fabrication of manufacturing equipment and upgrading of process technology.
• Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and specifications including ISO/ASME and GD&T.
CECO Environmental (NASDAQ: CECE) is a global diversified and energy technology company. Our commitment to deliver confidence to our customers is at our core. With decades of experience and deep understanding of engineering and complex specifications, CECO is the ideal partner for innovative problem solving for the challenges of environmental air pollution control, energy, and fluid handling and filtration.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.